WOOD (Musical Instruments, Houses, Ships,...)

is this week's Thursday Challenge.

When I was born (44 years ago), my father was an own of a sawmill, which still exists. Since 1976 it's no longer a company of our family.

Everytime when I walk in the woods near our city and I see the fallen trees, my thoughts are going back to my childhood when I saw at the sawmill of my father the big tropical trees (the sawmill is still specialized in Red Ironwood trees). For example these trees were be sawed into parts for water secretions in the big weir in the province Zeeland, which since 1986 protect this province for huge floods. The sawmill of my father was at that moment one of the 3 sawmills in the Netherlands which fully had the possibility to saw the Red Ironwood trees tension-free.



Reacties

corryjohan zei…
Mooi! Doet een beetje denken aan de foto die ik plaatste
corryjohan zei…
Mooi! Doet een beetje denken aan de foto die ik plaatste

Populaire berichten